Curls with NO Heat, Use Foam Rollers
When you were five did you mom put foam rollers in before bed? Where they do tight that it took a couple extra hours to fall asleep? Well Saturday night I would be sitting on the floor in front of my mother doing just that. The beautiful curls that I would have the next day was amazing and it would last a coupe days after. I wanted to share with you how to use these rollers in modern day times. Here are the steps to some beach waves without using heat, just these foam rollers.
- First after washing your hair make sure you dry it so it almost 80% dry. This way your not wrapping wet hair around a roller and it will never dry.
- Spray in a hair spray or mousse. Anything that will help set your curls and leave your hair not frizzy. If you have fine hair forget the spray it will thicken every hair strand and weight your hair down giving you less body. For thicker hair the more product the better.
- Comb or brush through the hair so there are not any tangles and the process of sections will be easier.
- Section the hair by grabbing pieces that are just under on inch. If you have fine hair double or triple this amount.
- Twirl the section of hair between your fingers.
- Wrap the hair around the foam roller leaving two to three inches from the root.
- Sleep on them or leave them in for 6-8 hours. The longer they are in the more the hair will dry and set, the longer the curls will stay in as well as a better curl patterns.
- Take out the rollers and run your hands through the curls. You can brush through the curls but that is going to separate every strand of hair giving you a fuller bigger look. And if you have thick hair is will possibly make it frizzy.
Below is my youtube channel going over these same steps but if you a visual person I hope it helps you. Now good luck on your curling adventure. May we all wake up with beautiful hair.
Thanks for coming to the party, I appreciate your support.